July 1st – 5th, 2019 – Concordia University (Montreal)
Age Group: 14-16
The Elite Program is the stepping-stone to the PRO Goaltending Development Program once the athlete has a good grasp of the fundamentals: proper stance, crease movements, save selection and rebound control. Added into the Elite Program, however, is the opportunity to advance each individual’s fundamental by practising them in game-like situations throughout the week. This program also offers goaltenders exclusive exposure to the company and it’s higher levels.
Involvement in the PRO Goaltending Elite Camp will help goaltenders build a successful foundation that will help take their game to the next level. The next step once achieving a solid foundation is to practice those skills in a high tempo environment and making sure form is not being sacrificed.
We at Pro Goaltending set out to make these habits second nature by designing our plans to physically and mentally hone each individual’s skills in preparation for the next level.
Just like all of our programs, each day, we meet as a staff and focus on our athletes’ particular progression and how we can enhance their development. Our concept is that everyday, we utilize the on-ice sessions as best as possible so that the athlete comes away with a better understanding of the position and increases their skill set. The coach to student ratio will be either 2:1 or 3:1
Most importantly – goaltenders will learn in a fun and encouraging environment!
University residence is available for goalies coming from out of town.
Cost $700 + GST & QST Register Now
• One-on-one video session with Michael Lawrence before going on the ice to go over their on-ice work from the previous day.
On-ice session: (Two hours):
• 1:3 Instructor to goalie ratio.
• 30 minutes are used for skating; working on good habits inside the crease, and clean feet.
• For 1.5 hours, goalies will be divided into groups of 2 or 3 to work on drills specific to their game.
Off-ice session: (75 minutes):
• Off-ice goalie specific training with CoreXcellence’s Director of Athletic Development, Don White. For more information on CoreXcellence, please visit: www.corexcellence.com
• Off-ice training will take place in the Concordia Stingers Football Varsity Weight Room, as well as on the football field.
• Presenters throughout the week will include nutritionists, sports psychologists, equipment specialists, and more.
Justin Shemie, Camp Director: Cell Phone: 514-996-9283, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ed Meagher Arena
7200 Rue Sherbrooke Ouest,
Montréal, QC H4B 1R2